10 Days & 13 Meals: 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 4 Dinners
Book Now And Save $200 Per person!
Double $4,199 down to $3,999
Single $4,699 down to $4,499
Triple $4,149 down to $3,949
For bookings made after Sep 14, 2018 call for rates.
Included in Price: Round Trip Air from Savannah/Hilton Head, Air Taxes and Fees/Surcharges, Hotel Transfers
Not included in price: Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $315 per person
*All Rates are Per Person and are subject to change, based on air-inclusive package from SAV
Upgrade: You may upgrade your in-flight experience with Elite Airfare at an additional rate, business class at $4,990.
† Refer to the reservation form to choose your upgrade option
Important Conditions: Your price is subject to increase prior to the time you make full payment. Your price is not subject to increase after you make full payment, except for charges resulting from increases in government-imposed taxes or fees. Once deposited, you have 7 days to send us written consumer consent or withdraw consent and receive a full refund. (See registration form for consent.)
Collette’s Flagship: Collette’s tours open the door to a world of amazing destinations. Marvel at must-see sights, sample regional cuisine, stay in centrally located hotels and connect with new and captivating cultures. These itineraries offer an inspiring and easy way to experience the world, where an expert guide takes care of all the details.
Discover the amazing mountaintop monastery of Montecassino. Tour a buffalo milk mozzarella factory. Visit the fascinating National Archaeological Museum in Naples.
Take a panoramic tour of Classical Rome featuring an in-depth guided visit of the spectacular Colosseum. Visit the seaside resort town of Sorrento. Discover the excavated ruins of Pompeii at the foothills of Mount
In Minori, sample some of the local specialties at a family-owned limoncello factory. Enjoy a tasting and lunch at a local winery at the foot of Mount Vesuvius.
Highlights: Rome, Colosseum, Montecassino, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Buffalo Milk Mozzarella Factory, Paestum, Capri, Pompeii, Winery Visit, Naples, National Archaeological Museum
Day 1: Thursday, March 14, 2019 Your adventure begins with an overnight flight to Italy. Journey through southern Italy and experience its rich scenery, art, culture, food and wine.
Day 2: Friday, March 15, 2019 Rome, Italy – Your tour opens in Rome, the “Eternal City.” This evening, join your fellow travelers for a welcome dinner featuring local delicacies and wines. (D)
Day 3: Saturday, March 16, 2019 Rome, Italy – This morning you may join an optional tour* to the magnificent treasures of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica. Later we set out on a panoramic tour of Classical Rome featuring the Piazza Venezia, the Roman Forum, the Circus Maximus, and the Arch of Constantine, followed by an in-depth guided visit of the spectacular Colosseum. Then, contemporary Rome is highlighted through the legendary Piazza Navona. (B)
Day 4: Sunday, March 17, 2019 Rome – Montecassino – Amalfi Coast Journey to the Amalfi Coast.** En route, make a stop at the Benedictine monastery of Montecassino which is perched on a mountaintop south of Rome. Discover its rich history while exploring the monastery’s ornate chapel, peaceful courtyards and fascinating museum. (B, D)
Day 5: Monday, March 18, 2019 Amalfi Coast – Sorrento – Amalfi – Minori – Amalfi Coast Begin your day exploring the popular and charming seaside resort town of Sorrento. This afternoon, travel to the delightful town of Amalfi where you have time to explore. Next, continue to Minori where you will have the opportunity to sample some of the local specialties at a family-owned limoncello factory. Savor a traditional Italian afternoon break at a local café and pastry shop. Your evening is at leisure. (B)
Day 6: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 Amalfi Coast – Paestum – Amalfi Coast After breakfast, discover one of Italy’s most surprising products during a tour of a local buffalo milk mozzarella factory. Your day continues with a visit to Paestum where a local guide will escort you through some of the best-preserved Greek temples outside of Greece. Tonight, enjoy dinner at a popular local restaurant. (B, D)
Day 7: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 Amalfi Coast – Capri – Amalfi Coast Explore a Mediterranean paradise on the sparkling Bay of Naples when you embark from the port of Salerno and cruise to the wonderful Isle of Capri. Sail past hill towns along the Amalfi Coast, passing colorful homes, lush gardens and architectural marvels. On Capri, enjoy a locally guided tour via minibus and spend time admiring the town of Anacapri where you witness grand views of the island and the Bayof Naples. After free time to experience the charming island independently, ride the funicular back toward the Marina Grande to board your boat for the return trip. (B)
Day 8: Thursday, March 21, 2019 Amalfi Coast – Pompeii – Winery – Amalfi Coast Today, experience the excavated ruins of Pompeii at the foothills of Mount Vesuvius. Soak in the history of the preserved original buildings of a typical Roman town 2,000 years ago. A local guide will provide an in-depth tour of this remarkable archaeological site. Stop at a local winery at the foot of Mount Vesuvius to savor the famous Lacryma Christo wines and enjoy a typical Neapolitan lunch. (B,L)
Day 9: Friday, March 22, 2019 Amalfi Coast – Naples – Rome – Bid farewell to the Amalfi Coast and proceed to colorful and vibrant Naples. Enjoy a visit to the fascinating National Archaeological Museum, one of the finest in the world. This evening, join your fellow travelers for a farewell dinner to celebratthe completion of a marvelous visit to Italy. (B, D)
Day 10: Saturday, March 23, 2019 Rome – Tour Ends – Your trip comes to a close, leaving you with a lifetime of memories. (B)
Itinerary at a glance:
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Days 2 – 3: Hotel Imperiale, Rome
Days 4 – 8: Hotel Raito, Amalfi
Day 9: Roma Lifestyle hotel, Rome
*On some dates alternate hotels may be used
Experience It! Myths & Legends
Approximately 55 miles south of Naples, Italy lies the ancient city of Paestum. Legends tell of the city’s founding by Jason and the Argonauts, but archaeologists, uncomfortable with the stuff of legends, attribute Paestum’s birth to 7th-century Greek colonists. With the fall of the Roman Empire, Paestum fell into decline and was deserted for many centuries. Rediscovered only in 1752 by an Italian road-building crew working in the area, Paestum is the finest preserved Greek temple complex in the Mediterranean world. The two primary temples, the 550 B.C. Basilica and the 450 B.C. Temple of Neptune, are archaeological wonders that will leave an impression on you long after your return home. The Temple of Neptune – in all its classic Doric beauty – has thick marble columns that are still strong and upright. It is the oldest and best preserved of the Greek temples in Italy, and it still inspires hope in those who visit its open-air shrine. A third temple on the site was dedicated to Athena, the goddess of wisdom, spiritual consciousness and the arts.
● Days of features are interchangeable.
● Single accommodations are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis.
● Most shops and businesses in Italy are closed on Sundays and on national/religious holidays.
● To complete your tour, we include roundtrip airport-to-hotel transfers when purchasing our airfare with your tour. If you have arranged for your own air, we are pleased to provide you the option of purchasing these transfers.
● Please note that all transfers will leave at pre-scheduled times.
● Vatican Museums are closed on Sundays and holidays that fall on Saturday. *When the Vatican option falls on a Wednesday, the order of inclusions may be reversed in order to participate in all activities for that day.
● This tour includes moderate physical activity.
● Walking tours, as well as walking slightly longer distances, up stairs or on uneven walking surfaces should be expected.
● Some of the most unique sightseeing can mean accessing locations that restrict motorcoaches, especially in historic areas. For your comfort, we recommend bringing walking shoes. If you require a walker or wheelchair, or have difficulty walking, you may not be able to access some of these areas and may want to consider an alternate program with us.
● Our travel counselors can provide additional information or assistance to help you determine the perfect trip for you.
● Please be advised many airlines do not provide advance seat assignments until check in at the airport. Advance seating will be subject to the airline’s terms and conditions.
** During your stay on the Amalfi Coast:**
● Standard accommodations at the Raito Hotel are limited and available on a first come, first served basis for departures utilizing that hotel. Upgrades to superior rooms with sea view are available at an additional cost. Please inquire at time of booking. For departures utilizing the Graal Hotel, please note that while this hotel offers amazing coastal views, your daily driving times will increase by approximately 45 – 60 minutes each way.
● Economy air rate and schedule are applicable for groups of 10 or more traveling on the same flights and dates.
● A deposit of $500 per person is due upon reservation. Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis.
● Reservations made after the deposit due date of September 07, 2018 are based upon availability.
● Final payment due by January 13, 2019. Deposits are refundable up until September 14, 2018.
Collette’s Elite Airfare allows you to travel in ultimate comfort and convenience. Treat yourself to a wealth of amenities that come with a business, premium economy, or first-class ticket. Land rested, refreshed, and ready for your adventure.
Join Travel Loyalty by Collette (TLC) through a simple online process after booking a trip. Once you depart, receive a $150 credit per person towards your next trip! It’s our way of rewarding our loyal travelers. † Learn more at www.gocollette.com/guidedtravel#loyalty_program
You Are Protected
Travel the world, worry-free with Collette’s Travel Protection Plan. If you need to cancel for any reason right up until the day prior to departure, you’ll get a full refund (less the cost of the plan). Plus, you are covered on tour. If you have to stop your trip or return home early, need medical assistance or evacuation, suffer a baggage loss or delay, or are delayed on tour for 12 hours or more, you’re covered. It’s the kind of peace of mind you cannot put a price tag on. † Learn more at www.gocollette.com/guidedtravel#No_worries_waiver
The Collette Gateway
After you make your reservation, we will email you an invitation to the Collette Gateway. This online hub allows you to track your travel experience. On your personal profile page, tell us where you’ve been; enjoy a countdown to your tour, see information about the destinations you’ll visit, connect with fellow travelers, check out popular travel tips and sign up for Travel Loyalty by Collette (TLC). The Gateway makes your travel experience easy and fun. †Learn more at gateway.gocollette.com
Full credit is valid for travel within 12 months of the original trip. $100 of the credit remains valid for travel within 13-24 months and the entire credit expires after 24 months.
Contact Lorraine Allen Tours for pricing and to book this tour!
Please download and complete the form below upon purchasing your tour.