Book Now & Save $100 Per Person
Double: $4,099 down to $3,999
Single: $4,599 down to $4,499
Triple: $4,069 down to $3,969
Price Includes: Round Trip Air from Savannah/Hilton Head, Air Taxes and fees/surcharges, and hotel transfers.
Not included in price: Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $315 per person.
*All Rates are Per Person and are subject to change, based on air inclusive package from SAV
Important Conditions: Your price is subject to increase prior to the time you make full payment. Your price is not subject to increase after you make full payment, except for charges resulting from increases in government-imposed taxes or fees. Once deposited, you have 7 days to send us written consumer consent or withdraw consent and receive a full refund. (See registration form for consent.)
Collette’s Flagship: Collette’s tours open the door to a world of amazing destinations. Marvel at must-see sights, sample regional cuisine, stay in centrally located hotels and connect with new and captivating cultures. These itineraries offer an inspiring and easy way to experience the world, where an expert guide takes care of all the details.
*For bookings made after Apr 05, 2019, please call for rates.
Explore Skogar Folk Museum, covering all aspects of Icelandic life. Experience the energy at the geothermal fields of Geysir and Strokkur. Learn about the volcanic nature of the island of Iceland during a visit to the Lava Exhibition Center.
Search for nature’s dazzling display on a northern lights cruise. See Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon, filled with floating icebergs. Relax in the warm, mineral-rich water of the Blue Lagoon.
Savor gourmet Icelandic cuisine at a popular local restaurant.
Highlights: Reykjavik, Northern Lights Cruise, Golden Circle, Thingvellir National Park, Geysir, Gullfoss, Vik, Seljalandsfoss, Skogar Folk Museum, Skógafoss, Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon, Skaftafell National Park, Vatnajökull Glacier, Lava Exhibition Center and Blue Lagoon.
Day 1: Friday, October 4, 2019 Overnight Flight You’re on your way to Iceland, a land and culture forged by fire and ice. Where steaming lava fields and massive glaciers sculpt mountains and valleys, leaving thundering waterfalls and plunging fjords. In this land of many natural wonders, enjoy the rare opportunity to see the aurora borealis – one of nature’s most dazzling light displays, also known as the northern lights.
Day 2: Saturday, October 5, 2019 Reykjavik, Iceland – Tour Begins: Your tour opens in Reykjavik, Iceland’s capital city. Get acquainted with old town Reykjavik on a walking tour featuring Hallgrimskirkja church, city hall, the harbor, and Reykjavik’s oldest building, now home to the Kraum Icelandic design center. Tonight, gather with your fellow travelers at a popular restaurant for dinner featuring Icelandic cuisine. Then, take an exhilarating northern lights cruise.** Leave behind the bright city lights and sail into the darkness of Faxaflói Bay in search of the aurora borealis-or northern lights-one of nature’s wonders. When revealed, you’ll be dazzled by the flickering light display of bursting color that unfolds before your eyes.
Day 3: Sunday, October 6, 2019 Reykjavik – Golden Circle – Vik Travel the incredible Golden Circle, a route that encompasses many of Iceland’s most renowned natural wonders. Journey to Thingvellir National Park, the nation’s most historic area, where Icelanders gathered in A.D. 930 and established what is considered one of the world’s first parliaments. Find yourself standing upon one of the globe’s most geologically significant landscapes, Thingvellir’s rugged rift valley. This UNESCO World Heritage site marks the point where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet. Experience the eruptive energy of the Icelandic landscape with a stop at the geothermal fields of Geysir and Strokkur. Then, marvel at the beauty of the Gullfoss (Golden Falls) waterfall, a stunning 100-foot double cascade. Continue southeast to Vik, the southernmost village in Iceland, surrounded by beautiful valleys, beaches, cliffs and mountains. After dinner amidst the peace and stillness of rural Iceland, search for the aurora borealis – the elusive northern lights.
Day 4: Monday, October 7, 2019 Vik – Seljalandsfoss – Skogar Museum – Vik Journey to the mesmerizing Seljalandsfoss, one of Iceland’s most famous and picturesque waterfalls with a walkway behind it. Visit Skogar Folk Museum with its turf built homes and outstanding collection of artifacts covering all aspects of Icelandic life. Nearby, view the impressive Skógafoss waterfall, one of the largest in Iceland. Later, see Reynisfjara, a black volcanic sand beach surrounded by basalt formations, cliffs scattered with caves, and rich bird life including the Fulmar, Black Guillemot, Razorbill, Gannet and various types of seagulls. See the unique natural rock formations at Dyrhólaey. After dinner, gaze at the sky in search of the northern lights,* a truly spectacular sight.
Day 5: Tuesday, October 8, 2019 Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon – Skaftafell
National Park – Vik Travel to Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon, filled with floating icebergs. Explore this extraordinary landscape and perhaps see seals swimming in Arctic waters. Travel to Skaftafell, gateway to Vatnajökull National Park, the largest national park in Europe. Vatnajökull is known for having Iceland’s highest mountains, an Alpine environment, and the Vatnajökull glacier, Europe’s largest. After dinner, continue searching for the shimmering northern lights dancing across the night sky.*
Day 6: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 Vik – Lava Exhibition Center – Blue Lagoon – Reykjavik Drive along the south shore towards the Reykjanes Peninsula, stopping at the Lava Exhibition Center to learn about Iceland’s historic eruptions and current lava flows that make the island a showcase of volcanism. Known for its rugged landscape, lava fields, and numerous hot springs, the peninsula is home of the Blue Lagoon. Take a dip in the pleasantly warm, mineral-rich waters of the geothermal pool, located in the middle of a dramatic lava field. Return to Reykjavik for your farewell dinner and overnight stay.
Day 7: Thursday, October 10, 2019 Reykjavik – Tour Ends Depart for home with many incredible memories.
Itinerary at a glance: Day 1: Overnight Flight Day 2: Centerhotel Midgardur,Reykjavík Days 3 – 5: Hotel Katla Hofdabrekka, Vik Day 6: Centerhotel Midgardur, Reykjavík *On some dates alternate hotels may be used.
Experience It! The Northern Lights
Each year, during the winter months, travelers journey to Iceland and venture out into the dark to see the magical but elusive northern lights (aurora borealis). This natural phenomenon is the product of collisions between electrically charged particles from the sun that enter the earth’s atmosphere; the results are spectacular! Streaks of colorful light appear across the sky. The colors can vary from white to pink or purple and, most commonly, green. It is known that the best time to witness the lights in Iceland is from late September to mid-April, when the nights are the longest. This light show is truly dazzling and worth the pursuit.
● Final payment due by August 05, 2019.
● Deposits are refundable up until April 05, 2019
● Single accommodations are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis.
● The days and order of sightseeing may change to best utilize your time on tour. Hotel check-in on your day of arrival is 3:00 p.m. Rooms may not be available prior to that time.
● Museum visits and shopping may be affected by observance of religious or local holidays.
● To complete your tour, we include roundtrip airportto-hotel transfers when purchasing our airfare with your tour. If you have arranged for your own air, we are pleased to provide you the option of purchasing these transfers. Please note that all transfers will leave at pre-scheduled times.
● Coaches which may not be lavatory equipped may be used on this program. In this case, stops are made during travel periods.
● *The northern lights are in the Northern Hemisphere from September through April and are only visible when the sky is clear and free of clouds. As this tour is weather dependent, sightings of the northern lights are not guaranteed.
● **The northern lights cruise is weather dependent and may be cancelled in the event of serious weather.
● Because the northern lights are a winter event, you will be walking and waiting outdoors while looking for them. It is recommended that you wear sturdy non-slip snow footwear and warm clothing including thermals, hat, scarf and gloves.
● Included activities are subject to change due to inclement weather.
● Icelandic breakfasts are continental; included dinners are of a simpler nature due to the remote locations of the restaurants.
● This tour includes moderate physical activity. The itinerary blends some longer days with shorter days and more leisure time. Walking tours, as well as walking slightly longer distances, up stairs or on uneven walking surfaces should be expected.
● Please be advised many airlines do not provide advance seat assignments until check-in at the
● airport. Advance seating will be subject to the airline’s terms and conditions.
● Due to flight schedules, a post night may be required in some Iceland Air gateway cities (at an
● additional cost). Please inquire at time of reservation.
● Due to tour scheduling, arrival flights should arrive prior to 10:00 a.m.
● Economy air rate and schedule are applicable for groups of 10 or more traveling on the same flights and dates.
● A deposit of $500 per person is due upon reservation. Reservations are made on a first
● come, first served basis. Reservations made after the deposit due date of March 29, 2019 are based upon availability.
Join Travel Loyalty by Collette (TLC) through a simple online process after booking a trip. Once you depart, receive a $150 credit per person towards your next trip! It’s our way of rewarding our loyal travelers. Learn more at www.gocollette.com/guidedtravel#Loyalty_program
You Are Protected
Travel the world, worry-free with Collette’s Travel Protection Plan. If you need to cancel for any reason right up until the day prior to departure, you’ll get a full refund (less the cost of the plan). Plus, you are covered on tour. If you have to stop your trip or return home early, need medical assistance or evacuation, suffer a baggage loss or delay, or are delayed on tour for 12 hours or more, you’re covered. It’s the kind of peace of mind you cannot put a price tag on. † Learn more at www.gocollette.com/guidedtravel#No_worries_waiver
The Collette Gateway
After you make your reservation, we will email you an invitation to the Collette Gateway. This online hub allows you to track your travel experience. On your personal profile page, tell us where you’ve been; enjoy a countdown to your tour, see information about the destinations you’ll visit, connect with fellow travelers, check out popular travel tips and sign up for Travel Loyalty by Collette (TLC). The Gateway makes your travel experience easy and fun. Learn more at gateway.gocollette.com
Full credit is valid for travel within 12 months of the original trip. $100 of the credit remains valid for travel within 13-24 months and the entire credit expires after 24 months.
Contact Lorraine Allen Tours for pricing and to book this tour!
Please download and complete the form below upon purchasing your tour.